This tool has been made to simplify mapping for Unity and to show that mapping is not hard.
How the mapping scheme works?
- Create a map in your editor.
- Compile/Export this map to the quake1 .bsp format
- Click the "Load" button to load the .bsp map into unity.
I personally use the Trenchbroom for making maps, and to make a .bsp file, I use Necros’ Compiling GUI 1.03.
Here is a tutorial video of the installation:
Here is a tutorial video of the installation: https://youtu.be/gONePWocbqA
- Install the scripts by putting the files(unpacked) into Unity.
- On the top menu bar go to Tools/Dataram_57/BSPLoader.
- Fill the input fields with:
- Path to the folder with .bsp maps. (example: C:\Quake\id1\maps)
- Name of the map that you want to load. (example: e3m4) (without .bsp)
- Path where you want to save in assets your loaded mesh. (example: Assets/maps/)
- Path where materials are stored. (example: Assets/Materials/)
(BSPLoader instead of loading the textures into your projects, It uses the texture name to load the material(from input4) with the same name.)